General Description of the cookies consent norms
The European Union legislation demands that organizations that place cookies, through websites, on users computers to obtain their “consent” after providing clear and complete information on how cookies are used on those websites.
In this terms, and order to comply with this obligation, we have adopted four measures:
- We identified the cookies and other tracking technologies used on this website, their purposes, as well as other related information, such as the retention period and our own or third parties cookies type;
- We analyzed the cookies impact, on a privacy level, in the users privacy expectation, according to the information collected in the point (a) above;
- We provided clear and complete information about the cookies applied, with the appropriate level of disclosure regarding to the impact of each cookie;
- We use an appropriate strategy to obtain cookies consent, taking into account their use and impact. Certain types of cookies may benefit from legal exemptions (when these cookies are strictly available for a service provision or a product provision that has been expressly requested) and, in these cases, consent will not be required for these cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website, when visited by the user, places on your computer or mobile device through your internet browser. Placing cookies will help the website recognize your device the next time you visit it. We use the term cookies, in this policy, to refer to all files that collect information in this way. The cookies used do not collect information that identifies the user. Cookies collect generic information, including how users visit and navigate the websites or the country area where they access the website, etc. Cookies retain only information related to your preferences. At any time the user may, through his internet browser, decide to be notified about the cookies reception, as well as block their entry into his system. The cookies block on the website may result in the inability to access some of its areas or to receive personalized information.
What are cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine the utility, interest and the views number of the website, allowing faster and more efficient navigation and eliminating the need to repeatedly introduce the same information.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Our cookies have different functions:
- Essential cookies – Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our website. They allow you to navigate the site and use its applications, such as accessing secure areas of the site through login. Without these cookies, the services that require it cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies – We use these cookies to analyze how users navigate the website and monitor its performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offer and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise.
For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are most popular, which page link method is most effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on the site’s utilization, we may also use these cookies to highlight the website’s articles or services that we think may be of interest to users. These cookies are used only for the purposes of statistical creation and analysis, without collecting personal information.
- Functionality cookies: We use functionality cookies to allow us remembering your preferences. For example, cookies avoid introducing user’s name each time they access the site.
We also use functionality cookies to provide advanced services to the user, such as making comments on an article. In summary, functionality cookies save the user’s preferences regarding the website use, in order to not being necessary to reconfigure the site each time you visit it.
The cookies used can be:
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on the internet browser of your access devices (desktop, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever the user visit the site. They are generally used to direct navigation according to the user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies: These are temporary and remain in the cookies of your internet browser until you leave the site. The information obtained allows identifying problems and providing a better navigation experience.
Can the cookies utilization be blocked?
How we explained, cookies help you getting the most out of our website.
After authorizing the cookies utilization, you can always disable some, or all, of our cookies. This will depend on the browsers’ features and the type of device you are using to access the website. To do that, the user must follow the instructions on the “How to manage cookies” page (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=pt).
Please be reminded that by disabling cookies, some areas of our website may not function properly.
Cookies utilization in the opening of our newsletters
For statistical purposes, our newsletters may contain a single “pixel” that allows us to know if they are opened and to check clicks on links or advertisements within the newsletter. The user always has the possibility to disable the sending of the newsletter in their personal area.
More information about cookies
You can find out more information about cookies on this page: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.